Exercise Science is the study of movement and the associated functional responses and adaptations the body makes as a result of movement/exercise.
The Health and Human Performance (HHP) sequence gives you a well-rounded foundation in areas of Exercise Science, including physiology, biomechanics, sport and exercise psychology, and motor learning. HHP also studies how different exercises and fitness programs affect the human body.
Program graduates typically work in the fitness and wellness industry.
Why Study Health and Human Performance?
Exercise Science covers a diverse range of topics related to human movement, such as:
- The way different movements and fitness programs affect the body and its ability to exercise
- How different forces can apply to sports performance, injury prevention, and rehabilitation
- Improving and maintaining people’s motivation for exercise
- The various impacts of psychological factors on youth sports, elite performance, burnout, team cohesion, and coaching and leadership behaviors
- Understanding how and why people move the way they do, and how they improve movement skill.