Exercise Science is the study of movement and the associated functional responses and adaptations the body makes as a result of movement/exercise. The Allied Health Professions (AHP) sequence gives you a well-rounded foundation in areas of Exercise Science, including physiology, biomechanics, sports and exercise psychology, and motor learning.
Why Study Allied Health Professions?
Exercise Science covers a diverse range of topics related to human movement, such as:
- The way different movements and fitness programs affect the body and its ability to exercise
- How different forces can apply to sports performance, injury prevention, and rehabilitation
- Improving and maintaining people’s motivation for exercise
- The various impacts of psychological factors on youth sports, elite performance, burnout, team cohesion, and coaching and leadership behaviors
- Understanding how and why people move the way they do, and how they improve movement skill.