Majors within Exercise Science have the opportunity to take part in internships in a variety of different settings. The five most common fields of internship study are listed below, with a short list of example sites.
For a more complete list, download our internship location spreadsheet.
Utilize exercise science skills with companies who provide fitness and wellness programs to enhance workplace health.
- Allstate Wellness & Fitness Center
- Schaumburg Corporate Fitness
- Kraft General Foods
- Kennedy Space Center
- AT & T Wellness Center
Experience fitness at health and fitness clubs which offer personal training, group exercise, and various fitness programs for the general population.
- Eastside Centre
- Lifetime Fitness
- The Buckingham Athletic Club
- Fitness Formula Club
- Presidential Towers
- Five Points
Learn in medical settings such as cardiac rehabilitation and weight management centers where exercise is used to help reduce health-related issues, injuries or manage chronic disease.
- MacNeal Hospital
- Advocate Christ Medical Center
- OSF St. Joseph’s Hospital
- OSF St. Francis Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Memorial Medical Center
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Reach out to various populations and conditions with programs at facilities such as the YMCA, Health & Wellness Centers, local governmental agencies, and hospitals.
- Lindenhurst Health & Fitness Center
- Decatur Memorial Hospital
- Wellness Center
- Wheaton Park District
- MedX of Estes Park
- OSF Center for Healthy Lifestyles
- Fitness Quest
- Cooper Fitness Center
- Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center – Mayo Clinic
- U.S. Coast Guard
Work with athletes in sport specific programs designed to enhance performance.
- Sports Enhancement Center
- Bulls & Sox Training Academy
- The Human Performance Lab
- Explosive Performance
- Institute of Human Performance
- Peoria Chiefs Baseball
- Chicago Bulls Strength & Conditioning
- DePaul University Strength & Conditioning
- Bradley University Strength & Conditioning
- Illinois State Strength & Conditioning
- University of Notre Dame Strength & Conditioning
- Poliquin Performance Center